This course will cover the principles governing the flow of fluids from the reservoir to the surface. Only with an understanding of these principles can one properly apply the available technology to optimize the well design. The course is designed to present the individual components of the producing well as an integrated system that must be analyzed as a whole to optimize the well performance. Reservoir engineering skills essential to production engineering will be presented.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Operations, Production, Reservoir and Well Completion Engineers, Offshore Production Superintendents, Field Production Supervisors, Senior Operators, and Technical Managers
BENEFITS OF THE COURSE
At the conclusion of the course, the participants will be able to do the following:
Design, conduct and interpret well tests.
Design optimum tubing size and length.
Monitor and regulate the production of flowing wells for optimum performance.
Solve well performance problems using system analysis to optimize well performance.
Understand rate decline analysis and field development strategies.
Predict production parameters from tubing head pressure (THP), production rate, and well potential.
COURSE DURATION: 5 DAYS
1. Overview of the Subsurface Production System and Review of Well Completion Configurations: Types of Wells, Types of Well Completions; Subsurface and Surface Completion Equipment, and Well Completion Design
2. Basic Principles: Flow in Porous Media - Development of Relationships for Reservoir Behavior; Overview of Transient Well Test Analysis; Factors Affecting Reservoir Behavior
3. Analysis of Well Performance I - Inflow Performance Relationship: A General Inflow Performance Relationship; Linear IPR Model; Vogel's IPR Model for Developing a Real-Time IPR; Fetkovich's IPR Model for Developing a Real-Time IPR; Other Models; Predicting Future-Time IPR (Standing's Model); Composite IPR; Well Completion Effects
4. Analysis of Well Performance II - Multiphase Flow in Pipes: Basic Equations and Concepts (Single-Phase Flow, Two-Phase Flow, and Pressure Traverse Calculations); Tubing Performance for Oil Wells; Tubing Performance for Dry Gas Wells; Flowline Performance for Oil Wells; Flowline Performance for Dry Gas Wells; Choke Performance for Oil Wells; Gas Flow Through Chokes
5. Analysis of Well Performance III - Predicting Overall System Performance (SYSTEM ANALYSIS): Solution at the Separator; Solution at the Wellhead; Solution at the Bottomhole; Solution at the Reservoir; Solution at the Choke; Solution at the Completion Perforations