Horizontal Well Technology course focuses on all aspects of horizontal wells. Emphasis is on the preplanning as well as on number of operations concerning horizontal wells. Completion in homogeneous, heterogeneous, and naturally fractured reservoirs will be covered in detail. Finally, the evaluation and economics of horizontal well completion will be discussed. A manual will be prepared for this course.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Operations, Production, Reservoir, Drilling and Well Completion Engineers, Production Geologists, Drilling Supervisors, Technical Managers, Drilling Contractor and Service Personnel
BENEFITS OF THE COURSE
At the end of this course, the participants will be able to do the following:
Design successful and effective horizontal well completions including well cementing
Design successful sand control and well stimulation programs
Prepare detail horizontal well completion programs
Design, conduct and interpret horizontal well tests
Effectively take part and perform day-to-day horizontal well completion and well stimulation operations
COURSE DURATION: 5 DAYS
1. Overview of Horizontal Well Technology: Definitions and Classification of Horizontal Wells, Horizontal Well Candidates, and Horizontal Drilling Techniques.
2. Planning the Horizontal Completion: Formation Consideration, Well Type, and Drilling/Casing Alternative.
3. Completion of Horizontal Wells: Openhole Completion; Partially Cased Completion; Cased and Cemented Completions; Cement Slurry Design; Spacer/Flush
4. Equipping The Horizontal Well: External Casing Packers, Tool Size, Tool Operation, Tools Including Bridge Plugs, Packers, and Pumping Equipment (Gas Lift, Hydraulic Jet Pumps and Electric Submersible Pumps
5. Working In The Horizontal Environment: Hole Cleaning, Tubing Stresses; Perforating (Conveying Guns Around The Radius, Logging and Correlating Guns On Depth, Gun Orientation, Perforation Density, and Gun Conveyance Methods)
6. Gravel Packing of Horizontal Wells
7. Matrix Stimulation of Horizontal Wells: Formation Damage In Horizontal Wells; Stimulation Considerations; Technical And Economic Constraints; Example Calculation of Matrix Stimulation
8. Fracturing of Horizontal Wells: Choosing Candidate Wells; Fracture Classification; Practical Considerations For Fracturing Horizontal Wells
9. Evaluation of Horizontal Well Completions: Horizontal Well Testing Procedure; Analysis Procedure; Duration of Flow Regimes; Pressure Transient Character